Self-paced. Interactive. 24/7 access for 12 months. Includes downloadable worksheets and certificates upon completion.
Course 401: Sampling’s Proper Place in a Legionella Control Program
Get the right perspective on sampling and be able to articulate the purpose to others. Earn 0.10 CEU with the Water Quality Association (WQA). Approved for ASSE 12080. Allow 90 minutes. $78.
- Agreement about Legionella prevention per guidelines and scientific literature
- Purpose of Sampling
- Perspectives on sampling: Government agencies. Professional societies. Building operators.
- Key considerations for building operators: Purpose. Role. Preparedness. Cost. Keys for success.
Course 402: Designing a Sampling Program to Evaluate Legionella Control
Set up a sampling program to properly validate a water management plan. Get the most reliable and useful data for your money. Earn 0.20 CEU with the Water Quality Association (WQA). Approved for ASSE 12080. Allow 2 hours. $129.
- Selecting a Test Method
- Selecting a Laboratory: Important criteria. Questions to ask perspective labs.
- Getting Supplies
- Deciding When to Sample
- Deciding What to Sample: Air versus water. Water samples versus swabs. Systems and equipment to sample. Selecting faucet and showers to sample. Hot versus cold water. Pre-flush versus post-flush. Duplicate samples. Examples of four buildings. Subsequent sampling rounds.
Course 403: How to Collect Samples and Record Data for Legionella Testing
Get the details and tools you need. Train your personnel thoroughly, easily, and inexpensively. Use the handout as a tool for recording sampling data. Earn 0.20 CEU with the Water Quality Association (WQA). Approved for ASSE 12080. Allow 2 hours. $129.
- Collecting Samples: Tips that apply to all water samples. Sodium Thiosulfate. Best and worst places to get a sample of the incoming water supply. Best way to collect samples from faucets, showers, ice machines, cooling towers, decorative fountains. How to avoid three common mistakes made when collecting samples from water heaters. Options for faucets with filters. Collecting duplicate samples.
- Recording Data: When and where. Key information to record for sample descriptions. Sample description abbreviations. Temperatures. Disinfectant levels. Examples.
- Shipping Samples: Seven steps in packing and shipping samples.
Course 404: Interpreting Legionella Water Test Results and Responding Appropriately
Interpret Legionella test results confidentally and accurately. Make smarter decisions and recommendations. Earn 0.20 CEU with the Water Quality Association (WQA). Approved for ASSE 12080. Allow two hours. $129.
- Deciphering Lab Reports: Terms and abbreviations. Quantitation. Detection limits. Legionella strains. Lab report examples.
- Considering Legionella Concentrations, Positivity, and Strains: Overview. Thresholds. Limitations.
- Tabulating Results for Easy Evaluation and Comparison
- Making Smart Decisions Based on Test Results: General recommendations. Recommendations for specific equipment. Considering concentrations, positivity, strains, and three other factors for samples from plumbing systems. Avoiding mistakes.
- Decision Making Examples for various building types.