Preparing to Develop a Legionella HACCP Water Plan
Online training for facility operators, engineers, water treatment specialists, consultants, and others who want to learn to conduct building water system surveys for Legionella HACCP water plans.
Go to the HCInfo Learning Center to register.
Learn about HACCP principles, performing a water systems survey, constructing flow diagrams, and much more (see contents list below)!
- Endorsed by the Association of Water Technologies (AWT)
- Immediate access right after you register
- Interactive and fun!
- On your schedule--available online 24/7
- At your own pace. You can spread the training over several days if you want.
- Taught by Matt Freije
$397 per student includes...
- Approximately eight hours of training (an $800 value)
- Certificate of completion
- Water systems survey checklist
- Picture checklist and log
Discount for AWT members: This training program is endorsed by the Association of Water Technologies (AWT). AWT members can get a 10% discount on the tuition by entering a special discount code during the checkout process. To get the code, go to the AWT Affiliate Programs page and follow the link to the members section.
Register now. You have six months to complete the program after you begin the first course. To register...
1. Go to the HC Info Learning Center.
2. Create an account
3. Click on 'Catalog'.
4. Register for the course.
Course 101: Facts about Legionellosis and Legionella
- Legionellosis: Description - How it's contracted - Who it affects - Undiagnosed cases - Long-term symptoms
- Legionella: What it is - Disease-causing species - Water systems that have it
- Minimizing the problem
Course 102: Overview of Legionella HACCP Water Plans
- Overview of ASHRAE 188P
- HACCP principles
- Determining how many Legionella HACCP water plans you need
- Overview of six tasks involved in developing a Legionella HACCP water plan
- Documentation, verification, and validation
Course 103: Performing a Water Systems Inventory & Constructing Flow Diagrams
- Water systems to include in your Legionella HACCP plan
- Objectives of the water systems inventory/survey
- Checking chlorine in the water supply
- Recording information for: each building - water sources - water feeds - public water main taps - domestic points of entry - fire protection systems - irrigation systems - cooling tower systems - heating hot water systems - domestic hot water systems - decorative fountains - kitchen water systems - pools and spas - filters - bottled water dispensers
- Flow diagram examples
- What to bring for surveying water systems and taking pictures
- Pictures to Include in Your Legionella HACCP Water Plan: What to photograph - Recording picture information - Picture checklists and examples for eleven types of water systems
Course 104: Hazard Analysis Summaries & Critical Control Points
- Overview of hazard analysis summaries and critical control points (CCPs)
- Typical hazard analysis summaries and CCP reasoning for several water systems
- Four key criteria for control measures
- Arrangements between owners and lessees
- Examples of monitoring, frequency, limits, and corrective action
Click here to go to the HC Info Learning Center. Then create an account, click on 'Catalog', and complete the registration.